Raidho- Part 1

I actually had to look this up quickly to remind myself if it was just the horse or horse and rider.  So this is the journey or the process of growth, the horse or vehicle.   It looks like a few different runes in this one.   There is Isa connected to Sowelo.  The sun grounded in ice, could mean the celestial cycle as found in the physical world, bound in the body or to the earth.  As if you were traveling around the world, bound to the ground yet in a circular journey.  Following the sun like ancient explorers.

In that case it could be a boat as well. If you put it on it's back it could be the waterline, the sail and the rudder handle or oar.

It's like in Harry Potter when Dumbledore said it was our choices that made us who we are.  It's the journey and it's obstacles that shape us, not the destination.  The decisions we make along the way determine who we become. We are our deeds.

And everyone knows it is not enough to just do something once and say you have mastered it. Learning and mastery are cyclical.  You have to trod the same ground repeatedly and get better and finer as you go.  Mastery takes many cycles.

Like studying the runes, this is not something you do once.  You come back to them over and over again and learn new things each time.

There is also Wunjo in the form of Raidho. which is the last rune in the first eight.  This is the completion of mastering the tools of the first row.  This is earthly comfort and joy. Finding the balance between ice and fire.

This rune has some meaning for me recently when there was disruption in the community. I felt myself having to channel chieftain energy. I had to set aside emotion and speak to justice and fairness.  I wanted to snap because I do not like being given ultimatums, but so it was.  I managed to keep my head and navigate with reason, not reactive emotion.

**********************************************************

I'll be traveling all this weekend and so may be a bit longer in working on this rune.  Funny, that I should draw this one right before my big trip. LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iwaz/Eihwaz -Part 2

Laguz -Water Element

Iwaz/Eihwaz- Part 1