Algiz- Part 1

I did my meditation today to pick the next rune.  I lit the blue candle and made an offering of mead on the altar.  I use the metronome each time instead of a drum.  I don't like the idea of having a recording of drums because I never know how long my meditations will go. 

I set the time today for 20 minutes because I had to pick the kid up from school. As I focused on moving water to help me with concentration, I noted the shallow depth and the large stones and boulders in the water. I was trying to focus on one spot to watch the ripples around the stone near my feet but my gaze was moving. I noticed my hands and feet on this large bounder with a flat top I was standing on.  I had crouched down to look closer into the water and I saw a catfish kinda treading right in front of the boulder.  After what felt like a few minutes it swam up stream.

There was some conversation in the meditation and then I came out of it and did a three rune reading for myself. 

The catfish represents hidden thoughts and actions--this is something that can affect orlog since our past actions affect our present and possible future.  Anything hidden can't be taken into account when doing the math that would be necessary to affect changing future possible circumstances.

But the catfish also points to new growth and a transformation of spirit.  I need to strike a balance between thoughts and emotions and dispose of anything that is not helping this growth.

This last part ties in well to the two readings I got from trusted people a month or so ago.  I had been advised to work with Freya on past lives and ancestors.  And to not move too quickly or cut corners on my development. 

So I guess that past life stuff really should be investigated.  Know anyone who does that stuff?
If I have actions in my past or the past of ancestors that could tweek things this or that way I should probably do some investigations.

Algiz is the rune I pulled this morning during my morning devotionals.  This rune is the rainbow bridge, Heimdall's power, the spiral path up and down the tree. It is communication with the divine.  It is also the sword and how sometimes conflict can reveal truth, strengths and weaknesses. Since our past actions can affect our futures, trial by fire, or fighting to determine who is the better or right person was a thing back then.

It is also the posture of the priestess invoking divine connection.   It is similar to the goddess pose in Wicca, just with legs spread..  The God pose is arms crossed like a mummy with legs closed.

So I guess it would make sense drawing this one right after Eihwaz, which is the center axis of the world tree connecting up and down.  Tiwaz is the separation of the poles. This rune is the communication between or traveling between them.  Maybe it is a bit literally meant like the Raidho rune was.  I am seeking communication with the divine in my divination and meditations. 

I eventually want to try transcribing conversations with a laptop or notebook/pen like from an exercise in Diana's book on Divine Relationships. I've been writing and doing the exercises from that book for a few weeks now.  I'll keep working.  And I'll take it slow so I don't push too hard too fast or cut corners like I have been warned against.

I hope to do something for Freya tomorrow. I just got a devotional for Her. I should probably take a break from Paxson's book and read that devotional.  I'm at the part in Paxson's book where she starts talking about setting up and controlling trancework.  I'm not going to be doing trance anytime soon so I can leave off with it for a while. I'll still practice the earlier exercises.  And I'll read up on other things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iwaz/Eihwaz -Part 2

Laguz -Water Element

Iwaz/Eihwaz- Part 1