Hagalaz and Nauthiz -Part 1

I'm listening to this amazing music by Laboratorium Peisni.  Polish chanting music.  Really tribal and cool. It reminds me a lot of Medieval Babes who sing in Old English poetry and songs from hundreds of years ago. 

Anyways, Hagalaz showed up first in my first pull a couple days ago for my next rune so I will deal with that one first. It also showed up today for my galdr rune in my meditation. The first rune I pull is the one that I galdr before my meditation. It helps me focus with the rhythmic breathing and the vibration in my chest from the chanting.  It sometimes provides a theme for my meditation as well. I can use it as a question to ask or with my pendulum, or sometimes it even leads me to a place like what happened with Laguz.

During the galdr I pictured the rune and it's alternate forms. At one point the image of the Rune Mother morphed into a yin-yang symbol of fire and ice wrapped around each other.  It reminded me a bit of some of the feeling I got from Ingwaz.  But this rune is more of a cosmic seed as opposed to an earthly/agrarian seed like Ingwaz.

It connects to me recently because of a turn my devotions have taken.  I've felt one god step back and a goddess take the forefront this passed week. I have been working on reading and researching women's mystery traditions and rituals.  Desperately seeking clues to what women once had before it was erased or demonized by father-rule and the church.  I've found a couple of big clues that have been reinforced by what I am reading in research and archaeology.  My suspicions are being confirmed and it's exciting.

So I feel like the crises I felt a week ago with my depression and confusion has lead to a reaffirming that this is the work I need to do right now.  It's a new beginning for me. Time to dust off my old academic skills and get back some of who I was and what I was capable of before baby and business distractions.  Which is a continuation of the work I started in July with Loki, breaking down the barriers of fear and anxiety that held back my true self and abilities.

Nauthiz is translated as need-fire. Basically cosmic resistance creates friction in the self or psyche which generates an inner fire. It is from this fire that a new beginning can come forth- manifestation. These two runes are next to each other in the second line of the eights.  Their meanings have overlapping connections.

I feel like as a personal message this is mapping a portion of my current path. From a series of emotional turmoil to finding a purpose or a focus.  This focus will help with creating balance and deepening my understanding of my own quest or journey.  If I'm careful this portion of development will help be the spring that helps me get to the next level of the spiral path.

I think they work together nicely for the next steps of the journey. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iwaz/Eihwaz -Part 2

Laguz -Water Element

Iwaz/Eihwaz- Part 1