End of This Cycle

I'll be starting another cycle of runes soon. I'm going to take a break and get back to my research on women's mysteries and the goddesses of old Europe. I have some busy work to get done over the next month but it will be glasswork and spiritual work after that.

This next cycle will look at the runes with women in mind specifically. 

Currently reading:

Sacred Gifts: Reciprocity and the Gods by Kirk S Thomas
Freya: The Great Goddess of the North by Britt-Mari Nasstrom
The Maiden with the Mead by Maria Kvilhaug

Trying to piece together archaeology and lore based practices or beliefs involving women's roles in religion and society.  I'm not looking to recreate or do any kind of SCA type of thing.  But I do intend to try to ground what I am doing in facts.  I do want some connection between the rituals that I'm going to write and create, and what my female ancestors may have actually done.

I'm feeling a bit sluggish lately. I don't know if it's the dreary April weather or if I've hit a wall spiritually. I'm going to try to work passed it with increased devotional activity or ritual activity.  I don't quite have the fire I had even a week ago.  I might still be recovering from that trip to NH. But I do feel a definite need to reach out more often.

I don't know how much devotional activity non-priests did in their daily lives. 

I have a daily devotional practice mostly involving food and drink on the altar. I have prayers that I say and meditations that I am getting back into since being sick for months.  I know this is more than most people do in their daily and weekly lives. But I still have this desire to deepen my connection further.  That means more work. 

I'm going to be working on backyard ritual space this summer as well. I'm really excited about that.  It will require some demo work and a bunch of earth moving to build a raised garden area. I have half of it done from last year, but I'm doubling the size of the garden and adding a strip of garden along another side of fencing.  The shed will be demolished and we'll build a pergola in it's place woth a fire pit.  I'll definitely upload pics when it's done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iwaz/Eihwaz -Part 2

Laguz -Water Element

Iwaz/Eihwaz- Part 1